Old 07-13-20, 12:22 PM
zbdiy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trocadile any possibility of seeing some photos of your Ti mini velo? Where did you get it?

Yes I have been in touch with the seller since my last post. He seems legit. He is also willing to throw in the front fork, seatpost & stem at a discount.
The frame has disc brake mounts and attachment points for a pannier rack and a bottle cage etc.

Originally Posted by Trocadile
Well, I love my Ti mini velo so would tend to favor the TiSport frame. In my experience, there's a comfort edge with Ti frames over steel or aluminum, although carbon is right up there for damping. However, there's not much info on the ebay page. Have you been in touch with the seller to get dimensions, etc.? I wonder if the frames are made to order so you can specify brake type, internal/external cables, etc. If you can get it set up for disc brakes then you can go with either 406 or 451 wheels. As others have stated, 406 is the better choice if you want lots of choices in wide tires (I use 451s on my mini velo and 406 on my folder).

I find small-wheeled bikes great for commuting, if, by commuting, you mean riding in traffic. Along with the nimble handling and ability to fit into limited spaces, smaller wheels allow you to go with a narrower handlebar without sacrificing control of the front end.