TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 432 Posts
Originally Posted by P.L.Jensen

(above) 1970 Peugeot PX-10E...I was 15 years old when I bought it used for $125 in 1971...

In the late 70's I switched from sew-ups to clinchers... Phil hubs with Mavic rims... Added a Phil bottom bracket at that time too... Replaced the Stronglight headset with Campy Record...

In the mid 90's I switched from multi gears to a single speed...

In the early 80's the seat tube broke at the bottom bracket... Paul Sadoff of Rock Lobster replaced it and added the cantilever braze-ons...

Two years ago I had it powder coated...

Still is a wonderful ride...!!!...
Very cool. Back in the mid 1960s, I was a poor college student who couldn't afford a new Peugeot PX 10, type E, so I had to settle for a UO-8. The interesting thing about the PX 10E was that it was sold as their "Professional Competition Racer", but had very long chainstays and a lot of fork rake, so it made for a great touring bike. How did you manage to mount the pump behind the seat tube? I can see using the chainstay brace to hold the pump at the bottom, but do not see how you did it at the top. Also, it looks like you had someone install water bottle mounts on the downtube and seatube, because the original Peugeot PX 10E did not have any, and the original pump was mounted on the downtube using clamps. Also, what happened to the original Stronglight No. 93 double crankset ?

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me