Old 07-13-20, 04:17 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Sackaroo
I just purchased a Specialized Creo SL Expert and yes it was EXTREMELY expensive. I never thought I would think that spending $9,000 on an ebike was worth the money....I am a bit embarrassed to say (given how expensive it is) that after riding it several times, it is definitely worth the money. It is very light weight, extremely responsive, and still enables the rider to get an incredible amount of exercise. The Creo SL also allows you to switch to wider tires and use it on gravel roads. (they make an Evo version which is exactly that).
You'll like this story then.
Last week I was finishing up a very fast group ride, and doing my cooldown (on my analogue bike) . Then I see someone in a high end Trek road bike pull out about 100 ft in front of me. I'm curious to how fast he is going, so I ride up behind him. We were doing about 27mph for 1.5 miles. I'm thinking - geeze, this guy is a monster to be doing 27mph into a hilly headwind. When we got to a stop light, he was chuckling and said - you must have been working pretty hard, I'm riding an ebike.

(be nice to us using leg power, lol).
Likes For chas58: