View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 04:25 PM
woodcraft

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 569 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Maybe I'm wrong but everyone seems to be minimizing the importance of wheel mass for when it counts the most.

Lets say two riders identical in power output weight and every thing else physiological. Bikes are identical in every way including weight, but one has lighter rims. (don't over think it guys, I know some of you are having trouble with identical bikes but ligher rims. GET OVER IT! <GRIN>

Any how, after a 180 km stage on a tour they arrive at the 200 meter mark from the finish line at the same time having exactly the same energy reserves. Who wins the sprint? The one with the lighter wheels?

Don't tell me that the little bit of difference doesn't mean any thing. A win is a win.

Now if we are strictly talking about us wannabe's then probably I can see there isn't enough there to really matter. Even so, lighter wheels are generally an easy way to lighten an existing bike.

Makes sense. That's probably why tennis pros use the lightest racquets- so they something left at the end of a five set match.