View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 11:28 PM
joewein

Bikes: Elephant Bikes National Forest Explorer, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 82 Posts

After two more centuries in May, I rode 174 km on June 6 for month #94 of CaM. The day started out cool, was hot later and turned rainy for the last couple of hours.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3572312293

June is the rainy season in Tokyo where we get many overcast or drizzly days.

I first headed to the northeast side of Tokyo (I live in the West-central portion) to the left bank of the Arakawa river in adjacent Saitama prefecture. From there I headed west and northwest to ride parts of Tokyo and Saitama I had never visited before, to clear VeloViewer map tiles. I visited many residential neighbourhoods, aging shopping streets and farmland that I would not normally visit.

The original plan was to continue to the foothills of Saitama, but my slow zig-zagging course to clear as many tiles as possible meant that by the time I reached the turn-around time I wasn't there yet.

The sky got dark and darker. It turned into a drizzle, then some downpours intense enough for me to shelter under the roof of a building for a while. Thankfully I had brought two light windbreakers, which didn't keep me dry but at least I wasn't shivering. It rained continuously for the last 40 km.

Likes For joewein: