Old 07-16-20, 09:15 AM
sheddle

Bikes: my precious steel boys

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 359 Posts

Specialized Sequoia - Classic 1984 bike - $300 (Capitol Hill)

e) From what I can tell, this is a 1981 Sequoia, which would be from the 3Rensho shop. Good deal. Thank god it's too small for me, or I'd be ditching work.

Anyone familiar with this model of Sequoia? I don't think I've seen that type of decal set (Specialized on downtube, rather than the model name) before. Looks like a Tim Neenan signature on the chainstay as well.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...160041129.html

Specialized Sequoia - Classic 1984 12 speed bike. Specialized described this bike as fast touring: It has all the braze-ons for fenders and racks for touring or commuting, but handling is a little more responsive: not twitchy like a race bike, but not hard to turn like a touring frame. It is a small frame: 51 CM or about 20” from bottom bracket to top tube. I am 5’ 7” with a 30 inch inseam and have about 4” of exposed seat post. With seat, pedals, lights and racks as shown, it only weighs about 24 pounds.
I am the single owner: Purchased bare frame and then built bike from selected components. The fame was designed in California by Tim Neenan of Lighthouse frames, the Specialized frame designer from 1983 to 1990 and made by Yoshi Konno in Japan from double butted Cro-Mo tubing and Shimano dropouts.

See photos.

Components:
Wheel set built in California by Wheelsmiths with Mavic French alloy 700C rims, Stainless steel spokes and sealed bearing Suzue 2D quick release hubs
Suntour Superbe side pull brakes and levers with Kool-stop pads
Phil Wood sealed bearing bottom bracket
Look style Shimano pedals with a set of unused cleats
Blackburn aluminum rear and bottle racks
Shimano 600 headset
Italian Cinelli alloy Stem and drop bars
SR Laprade seat post
Terry Liberator Italian gel saddle
Sugino 171 MM alloy crank set
Bluemels club special fenders from England (front repaired)
CyclePro 700 Discovery Kevlar belted 700C X 25, 115 PSI tires
Suntour cyclone M-II derailleurs
52 X 42 chain rings and 28-14 six speed rear cluster (I think it is 14-15-17-20-24-28)
6 Speed chain is just reaching its wear limit
RhodeGear mirror mount (missing mirror)
Planet Bike front light and unknown brand rear light – both work great

65” long x 16 ½”wide (Bars) x 51CM tall (Seat tube). 39 ½“wheelbase 30 ¼ “stand over height: perfect clearance for a 29” or more inseam, since you should never ride barefoot..

Last edited by sheddle; 07-16-20 at 10:27 AM.