View Single Post
Old 07-20-20, 10:28 AM
Synmag

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I used to do similar riding and still do fitness rides of 30-60kms on most days. I loved my Cannondale Quick 4 until it was stolen recently. With the amount of riding you do, I would focus on weight. The quick 4 with the carbon fork was a perfect match for the price for me. You might even want to stretch your budget to the Quick carbon if you can secure it properly. The way I think about it is the bike pays for itself in about a year by not paying for transit/car expenses.

I agree there are good deals to be head on lightly used bikes, i.e. you could get a full carbon bike used for the price of a new one with only a carbon fork. I tried several bikes when I bought mine 9 years ago and the Quick 4 was the best choice for me. It was a revelation how awesome the lighter bike handled. Things may have changed since though.

Locally I'm looking at a Devinci Copenhagen hybrid which looks very similar to the Qucik 4. Availability is a big issue here as well Toronto, Canada and I would like to get a replacement asap therefore I will probably have to resort to used. Good luck