View Single Post
Old 07-24-20, 03:02 PM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Originally Posted by bpeder

NBD last Thursday. '85 Ross Signature 294. This one is stock except for the seatpost and saddle, and I have a new Brooks C-17 coming tomorrow. Squeaky CA clean. I may add a period Campy seatpost and keep my eyes open for a Triomphe pedal set. But for now my old Gran Tour peds are fine with new Power Grips installed. 23" frame and man - what a difference from my old 4130 Hi-ten '81 Ross Gran Tour XV... That bike is officially handed down to my son. It's my 3rd Ross. I also have an '86 Mt Hood with chrome frame and dog-bone stem. What a beautiful tank that MTB is! If you ever see a bike you like at California Bike Pickers, they source nice, clean bikes, a good set-up and well packed shipping and they accept offers. Stay cool!
Congrats on your new Ross. I have one of those and love it to death. What I like: great tire clearance (with a bit of work, I have fit 33mm Supple Vitesse with fenders; 28 fits easily); dual bottle braze-ons; downtube shifter braze-ons; sloping fork crown. My only semi-gripe is I wish it had been spec'd with 022 rather than 024 tubing. I feel like it's just a touch less lively than it might be. Still, it rides and handles great, and I like a bike that kind of flies under the radar.
Btw, looks like some good listening happens in that room!