View Single Post
Old 07-25-20, 04:38 PM
roadCruiser76

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert Disc, Orbea Aletta, Fuji Transonic,Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Vector 3 malfunctioning

OK so hopefully someone here can help, since Garmin support is down. I have a pair of Vector 3 pedals and up until recently they have worked pretty well. I got a new bike and had the pedals put on the new bike by the bike shop and experienced no issues. But then I wanted to ride my old bike so I moved them over from the new bike to the old one. I purposely did not put them on too tightly since I wanted to be able to easily move them back to the new bike. Well, when I tried to use them on the old bike, they were giving me very inflated power numbers. Basically the numbers showing up were nearly twice as high as what I'm accustomed to. I concluded that maybe it had something to do with being installed fairly loosely, so when I moved them back to the new bike I tried to tighten them as much as possible. This may have helped a little but the numbers they are showing are still significantly higher than what they should. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something like this before, and how can it be fixed? I have heard that you can use a weight to calibrate the pedals, but I'm not sure what the procedure for this is, and how you would reset the calibration to the correct level once this is done. There appears to be a link on this topic on the Garmin site but of course it is not accessible.