FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by OldBrokeReCycle
The last time I fell was one of those 0 mph things where I unclipped the wrong side on a gravelly hill (hey! it was the side I always unclip) and landed on my other knee.

I recently switched my Cross Check to flat pedals and they are a wonder. I ride slower, but can go anywhere, more or, in fact, less, but better.

Which caused me to wonder. Most of my falls are of the 0 speed variety:
Sounds like you found your solution.

Originally Posted by OldBrokeReCycle
From experience, I believe that there is usually this life-passes-before-your-eyes moment or two before the fall when time seems to slow down and one (I) might configure myself to minimize the self-harm that is to come.
The nearest I've had to a life passes before my eyes moment is after a crash or incident has already happened and I had some sort of head injury. I've had several concussions from a variety of "sources".

Time slowing down? Definitely. I've experienced that a few times. Didn't make a difference in the outcome of what was going to happen, as events put in motion were going to keep going until they finished. Which were probably only 1 to 3 seconds long if I had to think about it.