View Single Post
Old 07-27-20, 10:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4403 Post(s)
Liked 4,039 Times in 2,694 Posts
Rather than reflect light from someone else, possibly when it is to late, I would rather just have my own bright lights (solid front, ALWAYS and usually solid rear but flashing is ok if need be). That way I can buy good quality pedals and not knock offs from Amazon or the cheapies that typically have reflectors.

If I am going with a flat pedal I will probably go with a real Crank Brothers Stamp 3 or 7 they use sealed cartridge bearings a good reliable metal platform. I also am a fan of the MKS Gamma pedals which just so happen to have reflectors but that is not on the list of why I got them, the main reason is I liked the Lambdas but no good grip and these have some lugs to give excellent grip when in more casual footwear. Though I will say they are not sealed bearings so I may not run them on any serious bikes that will see all weather and more frequent wet weather.

Again don't buy knockoffs from Billionaire Jeff Bezos or anyone else. Get good bright lights and pedals with replaceable pins (or at least pins for grip)
Likes For veganbikes: