Old 07-28-20, 10:31 AM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
No- I wish! Some Bay Area local must have snapped it up though. It was off CL in just a few days.
Where is the seat post clamp on that chrome bike though? It's awesome filet work and they've disguised that seatpost bolt really well somewhere.
Oh... sorry to hear read that. believe me, I know he feeling. I have missed out on so many "big deals" in the past. Actually I was about to post the newest one here as a "mourning post", but then the idea slapped me in the face, that the topic might be a good thread on its own as well. I'm sure most on BF has a painful missed out chance to talk about.

Meanwhile as I tried to further educate myself on the French bikes (which ultimately lead me to miss out one) I started to believe, that the bike you've posted is rather from some smaller builders than from any of the big names.
It is surprisingly not that easy to find info on French lo pro stuff. Most keyword searches on time trial (vélo/velo CLM) lead to modern stuff, while searching for lo pro (vélo plongeant) will lead either to the big names Mécacycle/Peugeot/MBK/Gitane (but not in masses either) or to some smaller or one-off builders, where you won't find two identical frames - if you find anything else beside the one google dropped you. There are also many pictures mostly on forums, where French people play"whats this frame" with other French and the answer mostly "can be anything".

As for the chrome beauty (cool isn't it?) I guess the seat screw might be under that "bigger chunk" of brazing where the seat stays meet, if any. First I thought there must be a clamp what they removed for the photo, but the filed seat tube would rule it out. To be honest, I would rather assume, that a guy (read artist) who can build such a frame (and does it) would rather have his arms cut than to screw the overall design with a clamp, so he might also have modified the seat post to fix it internally. Might be a stupid guess, but not impossible, especially if this is a show-off bike, not a die hard for every milliseconds racing machine. What do you and the good people of TT Land think?
Likes For Lattz: