non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 283 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2203 Post(s)
Liked 4,650 Times in 1,781 Posts
Originally Posted by CMAW

My daughter wanted to present her boyfriend with a cool vintage bike and get to learn some wrenching basics in the procedure. He's tall — we figured, if you're that tall you might as well be Dutch and ride a Gazelle . She came home with this nice Koga Gentsracer instead, dirty and missing some parts, but undoubtedly well cared for during most of it's life (1980 serial). So we spent some quality time taking it apart, cleaning, polishing and replacing consumables, with good result — she's thrilled. Took it for a test ride (saddle slammed down, top tube's only 57 cc for a size 63) and that felt great, it's a true racer. You see a lot of these Gentsracers around here, but not many that look as good. Only original part still missing (apart from the Rolls) is the left crankarm, Shimano Arabesque in 170 (WTB or WTT, by the way).
I think that the 1980 Gentsracer is one of the best-looking bikes Koga-Miyata ever built. I love that color and the classic chromed "socks".

BTW, I only just came across your post. If you're still looking for that crank, PM me. I think I have a spare set somewhere in my stash.