Trekke
Lets Ride

Bikes: Trek 1200, Lemond Sarthe, Gary Fisher Tass

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PistachioAddict

Anyway I got on the weight scales .... in October I was 205 lbs at 5ft 8, 15% bodyfat.. (I stopped lifting weights in October) now I am 190 lbs. All I managed to lose was 15 lbs yet 2 or 3 nights a week I wake up in the night that's how hungry I get (and no I don't binge eat, not once) and it's been like this for 3 months.

I feel fitter and leaner I even stupidly thought I might be close to my 160 lbs target. If I have to ride 4 hours a day I will, now I have done the power training I can hit the roads but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I thought I'd have lost more than this. this sucks.

any sucessfully lost a lot of weight in a few months? or am I going to have to wait till next season to hit my potential?
Just doing some simple math. At 15% body fat at the 205lb weight means you would have about 30ish lbs of body fat to carry. If you lost to your dream weight of 160 lbs you would have had to give up lots of muscle to get there and possible reduce your body fat to an unsafe percentage (depending on your diet). That is muscle you have been working hard to build. At 190 what is your body fat? People worry way too much about the weight factor. Light weight doesn't automatically mean you are healthy and strong. Define your goals. Do you want to push big gears then you need big quads etc.. I would strongly hesitate giving up muscle mass for the sake of a scale reading.