Old 07-28-20, 02:41 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
Since this is the C&V forum, I'll declare love for the original hydration bags, bota bags! It was pretty much standard practice to bring those along. Strap 'em to the top of the rack with bungees. They were a camping staple BITD. I'm sure the modern version is better. The older kind tasted like rubber, or whatever it was they sealed them with.

I've been meaning to get one of those modern 'collapsible canteens', aside from the bladder in my hiking backpack. Nalgene bottles work though. I have lots already. Though they take up space when empty, you can stuff them with clothes or whatever.

Out here in the hot dry west, burning through 6 or 8 liters in a day can happen. Best to plan out those water stops, because carrying enough water isn't always practical.
I grew up in the Gulf South (Louisiana) where hot and humid was the norm. Yeah we used to race with one or two water bottles in our pockets and one on the bike. What a crock. It's tough to beat camelbaks when you need to carry a lot of water. And they're C&V friendly for bikes that lack braze ons.