Old 02-11-06, 08:44 AM
fifao
England, We Love You.....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trekke
When you pass by another car do you raise your hand or roll down the window and yell hi? When you walkl past someone on a busy street do you say hi? Is there some written or assumed policy or cycling rule that says you must recognise someone else?

People are just people whether they are on a bike, walking or on roller blades. I have had this happen to me plenty of times and actually have done this at times myself. The lst time I had just topped a long hill and just didn't have extra energy at the time to lift a finger. Next time you see this biker just say hi.
No. There are way too many cars in my area to wave at them all, and most of them dislike roadies. To pedestrians on the same trail/road, yes, I nod, smile, wave whatever, and I usually get a response.

There is no written rule that says, "thou shalt wave thine hand to other persons". Of course not. But when I come upon another road biker, which is fairly rare, I like to make some gesture of greeting. we are both out riding in 30-40 f. weather, we are the only people on the trail, YAY, kudos to us! Why not wave?

I'll try verbal acknowledgment nest time.