View Single Post
Old 07-29-20, 10:57 PM
anotherbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
In one post its an entry level bike, now its a beautiful frame? Which is it?

What is wrong with being 6ft2 tall, if I weren't I wouldn't be looking at this bike at all
I emailed the seller with a $250 offer, but never got a reply.
I had a buddy email and he got told he don't take offers via email.
"Come see the bike and bring cash". He's only around after 3pm on the weekends.
The seller is an older guy, he sort of reminded me of one of the Duck Dynasty guys. He's a bit shorter than I am, maybe 6ft or so.

I looked again at the brochure, the Trek brochure lists an DR SN5 crank for the 412/414 models for 80-81, I have no way of knowing what that looks like but do know that every 412 I've looked at has these same cranks. Other than the wheels and pedals the bike on CL looks 100% correct.
I think the rims said Sun on them. I don't really care about one of these having original rims, the original rims were too fragile for a big rider.
I've looked at a few dozen bikes, most have had wheels replaced, those that didn't, need new wheels.

If I remember correctly, way back when I looked at these when they were new, the model number was pretty close to the price, and they only had the 412 and one '5XX" model in stock where I had looked at them. I suppose that with tax and all $450 is possible, it depends on where your at I suppose. Bikes are cheaper in the city it seems, they likely move more of them and rely less on one sale to make their money.

I'm likely going to pass on the bike mainly because of fit, If my legs were a tad bit longer it may be bike for me.
The second link isn't working for me for some reason, I only see the original ad for this bike?

Last edited by anotherbike; 07-29-20 at 11:11 PM.