Gangplank
Back-to-the-Bike

Bikes: Trek Dual Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I've been riding my 3-speed IGH cruiser lately and enjoying it immensely as well as deriving (for me,IMO) a better workout than with an e-bike or MTB. This bike is about 27 pounds with some recent improvements. I would like to assemble or purchase a true cruiser-style (like the old Schwinn cruisers, not a retooled MTB) without starting with a $2000+ custom frame, and end up with a five or so pound lighter bike. Any ideas? BTW, the current bike (below) has a Kent Eriksen Ti seatpost and Ti-railed seat, and could be made lighter by rebuilding the rear wheel with a lighter rim and spokes, changing the steel handlebar to carbon or aluminum and installing an aluminum crank.
I’ve been looking into the same concept. Light weight cruiser style bike. there are a couple of aluminum framed bikes out there. Ive been looking at the Priority Coast
https://www.prioritybicycles.com/products/thecoast. Which comes with a Gates belt drive. It is built more for low maintenance not necessarily weight savings. It has a 1 1/8 quill steer tube and aluminum bars. Weight is around 29-30 for the 3 speed version.

I think there is some weight that could be saved in the wheels, bars & fork. Carbon bars are an option but I think you’ll lose the swept look of a cruiser.

Last edited by Gangplank; 07-31-20 at 04:03 AM.
Likes For Gangplank: