Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 03:25 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10488 Post(s)
Liked 12,014 Times in 6,151 Posts
I won't say how far I went, because by comparison with some of y'all, it wasn't far at all. But it was good. At 100 kg, I don't generally expect to pass anyone skinny on uphills, so I'll tend to hang back behind them, expecting that they'll leave me behind. That' mostly what happens, but I've noticed recently I'm passing more skinny people on climbs. So that makes me feel good!

Then somebody passes me. In the big ring.

Mind you, I've had a number of people pass me early on hills, sometimes going pretty fast, and then just a little later I pass them. That feels good. But then there are the ones who just pass you and disappear in the distance.

I was telling my wife that the great thing about riding in the Bay Area is there's always somebody younger, or older; skinnier or fatter; faster or slower. Mostly, I'm other people's "Older, Fatter Slower", but then sometimes I'm sombody's "Older, Fatter, Faster", and I like that.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles