View Single Post
Old 08-03-20, 11:05 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,470 Times in 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile
Man, this is really tempting. I would love to get rid of my secondary Minoura stand and ditch the crappy Bikehand stand I have bolted to my shop bench. I'll defer to another member though. Your most recent hook-up from last year was kindness enough to last me a couple years. If nobody cashes in on the stand, let me know. I'll cover both S&H expenses. Time is money.

I'll leave it to @noglider if he wants to share the details. I'll just say he sent me some spoke nipples. They went in an envelope, so to keep them stationary they got taped to a piece of paper ripped out of a magazine, if I recall. To whom and where they landed was immeasurably hilarious, although I believe it may've been unintentional at the time.

Oh, and Tom, since I already tagged you here, you should have email. Give me a shout over there and I'll get some rat traps out to you on my dime. I owe you one, and I'm still steadily paying forward Mad Honk 's generosity from last year.
I regret to say I barely remember mailing some spoke nipples to @francophile. He reminded me last week that I had wrapped them safely in Anthony Weiner's crotch. I guess it was a newspaper clipping? He sent me this image, apparently related.

I regret not remembering this as well as francophile does, but I'm glad it keeps entertaining, and it has entertained me again, too.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider: