Untitled by alex ries, on Flickr

Additional pictures available in this album, check page 2 towards the end: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPuXfrs

Alright, so I acquired this frame with the idea that I would someday restore it. That day has not come and likely will not anytime soon.

Previous owner thought it would look "cool", I presume, to sand down parts of the frame to give it a raw steel look or "chrome" look. Who knows. Worst of all, several bits were cut off including the rear derailleur cable stop, the derailleur cable guides and the chain stay bridge. I have, and will include with the sale, the proper/correct San Rensho derailleur cable stop, and possibly correct derailleur cable guides (Campagnolo). I say "possibly correct" as the frame is built with Shimano EF dropouts/fork tips, so I would assume it likely would have had Shimano cable guides, but I cannot be sure. I have a few other 3Rensho built Allez but all have Campagnolo dropouts/fork tips and cable guides. The chain stay bridge on these frames were simple round tube, nothing fancy.

Saddest part about this is the paint aside from the "enhancements" done by the previous owner is in nice shape. A real shame.

Also worth noting, the tubing decal is not one I've seen before, the others in my collection do not have the oval with "3Rensho" within.

Surfaced rust present, that's it. No dents or dings or signs of an accident.

Frame is marked 58 on the bottom bracket (additional holes from previous owner removed part of the 58), and top tube measures 56/57cm center to center.

I would like to net $250. Now $180 + shipping via shipbikes.com.

Last edited by shnibop; 08-18-20 at 10:17 PM.