procrit
carbon is too light

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 251 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
It is semi-easy to get a USA pro license. It is essentially the old Cat 1. You (low 20 somethings) can do it making $1,000 from cycling and having the right person ask for you.
In MTB many have a pro license and are still pretty much rec cyclists. The same is true for Cat 1. Points and numbers are not needed if the kid is talented. USAC will forget the "guidelines" and just give the grade.
There are a bunch of juniors that do not have time to go through the upgrade program in the USA as they are racing other places. They are upgraded on a phone call. Same for pro.
You need to be at that level, but the rule book and points are for the older riders.
So I made cat 2 in a season and a few races, forced upgrade actually as I was busy trying to help get my buddies points, I started in my late 20's so there was no "phone call". Just started winning / placing and collecting points and hitting every race I could for a year. I had life get in the way and abruptly stopped racing, but I felt like cat 1 was VERY doable points wise within another season. That was my goal, "top of the amateurs" category wise. Is USA Pro what I need to shoot for now that I'm riding again if that's the new cat 1? Sorry, been off the bike 10 years, I don't quite understand...