Thread: Totally Tubular
View Single Post
Old 08-07-20, 04:44 PM
kcblair
Old Legs

Bikes: '80 Strayvaigin, '84 Ciocc Aelle-Shimano 105, '90 Concorde Astore /Campy Triple ,85 Bridgestone 500/Suntour, 2005 Jamis Quest, 2017 Raleigh Merit 1, Raleigh Carbon Clubman

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Hello Tubular Fans, after getting back into riding with tubulars , the last 4 years, I got my first flat. Tufo S33's . I have Stans sealant in the tubs. The tire picked up something, middle of the tread, about 1mm. The sealant worked fine, continued to ride. Couple rides later, no issue. Now, the sealant isn't sealing. Had to stop twice on a recent ride, turned the tub to bottom, sealant sealed. 6 miles later, leaking again. The puncture is less than 1mm. So, clincher wheel set back on, and ordered another Tufo S33. Also, I did add 1 oz. of sealant , after the second time the leak started.

Question, has anyone tried to fix a tiny puncture with a plug. I'm thinking a small piece of twine or carpet thread , soaked in tire patch glue , gingerly inserted into the puncture ? This tubular only has 400 miles on the ground. Like to try something, before I toss $32 in the trash .

Thank you for your help. KB