Old 08-08-20, 12:47 PM
Aldatroid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by duanedr
That does look better. I would look at the BB height to gain a bit more standover clearance. Pedaling through corners offroad (or even on the road with big squishy tires) is pretty rare I think. The measurement isn't listed but I'm assuming the crank length is 170mm. If so, I think you could safely drop the BB 5-10mm and get a bit more standover. Unless you're bashing over logs and rocks, you won't need the extra clearance. It looks like 65mm is a desired h-bar drop so, you would then shorten the HT to get them back down where you want them. This would make the whole thing a bit lighter as well.
Hey! Ah, yes, I wouldn't mind a lower center of gravity actually and I actually noticed an error in the drawing by going over these numbers. The true h-bar drop is actually 60mm in that version an I'm not really attached to that number and can only reference the bikes I currently own and they are around that number, usually slightly longer drop. For this bike I'm looking for a relaxed and comfortable position so I guess it's fine to have a shorter drop. But yeah, I'm not really familiar with what's considered small or large drop etc.

One potential "issue" is that I already have a HT which is 120mm which have the slightly larger outside diameter at the ends of the tube. Like the typical Paragon Machine works HT. I could probably shave of 5mm on each side at least and by doing that I would be able to drop the BB 5mm and achieve 65mm h-bar drop. Or just get a new HT =)