View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 08:04 PM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Just be patient. It might take a few weeks or months but diligence will be rewarded. A good deal is a good deal only of it fills the need.

Of course I'm vain as all get out but I would never be caught dead on a bicycle with a Caddy sticker on it even if it was all Campy. For the last year or two I have been looking for deals on used bikes and bike bric-a-brac and now is a difficult time in that regard. I would think that by Christmas time things will be different, only the few ride in the winter and bikes bought on a speculation will then be hitting the used market.

If an individual wants to get outside and see the sights or get some exercise a bicycle will help them in that regard but the individual has to make the commitment and put in the effort. If that individual makes that commitment the excuse that a low budget will protect against the possibility that you buy an expensive bike and never ride it. The problem is buy a cheap bike that doesn't fit or is mechanically substandard it almost guarantees that you will not want to ride the bike.

On the other hand if I have $2k hanging from my garage ceiling, I'm going to get my money's worth out it no matter what. People will sign a $500/year contract with a gym not give it another thought and once the year is over they need to re-up. The bicycle will last a lifetime with very little upkeep costs so in view of that $2k doesn't look all that bad, Except bicycle lose value faster than cars.