Old 08-13-20, 12:07 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
At some weight/power point, that one less car on the road becomes, in essence, one more car on the bike path. In my eyes, that's a really bad trade. To avoid that, lines about who can use paths have to be drawn. I'm going to decline your invitation to haggle over exactly where those lines should be.

And as John Maynard Keynes said, "in the long run, we shall all be dead." Ebike technology is changing much faster than bike infrastructure so we don't really have the luxury of waiting until your new fantasy paths become reality to figure this out.

You have to be really careful about leaving loopholes that people can design vehicles to exploit. For example, the reason you're seeing Amazon use those relatively small cargo vans for their deliveries is because they're exactly as big as they can be and remain exempt from federal regulation. The consequence is that there's a lot more delivery vehicles on the road than there would be if they used larger vehicles.

And we can have this to look forward to in "our" infrastructure: https://www.wired.com/story/food-del...are-bike-lane/
Ok, I get it.. You like to complain but haven't any solutions. Peace out.