View Single Post
Old 08-14-20, 08:45 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Bikes are a lot like women, sometimes they don't make sense but sometimes a man just knows what he wants.
So, this analogy breaks down in the following way: Having just reached our 37th wedding anniversary, my wife and I have learned what it takes to understand and care for one another.

While I can maintain and enjoy many bikes, and keep them in top condition with periodic care, I could not possibly care for more than one woman. Even trying would be a failure. They would be miserable, as would I.

Never commit to a course on which you cannot hope to achieve success, unless your goal is destruction...

EDIT: As for the OP and his want for a "fast" bike, well... he may or may not have the capacity to appreciate the qualities of a good bike that is responsive and expertly ridden. But, it's still worth a shot.

To the OP: the vast majority of bikes that you'll find are only so-so, functional but uninspiring. You're searching for the real thing, not some over-hyped dead-feeling racing machine, but something with a soul. You'll only know what this means when you experience it. Good luck in your journey.

Last edited by Phil_gretz; 08-14-20 at 08:49 AM.
Likes For Phil_gretz: