Old 08-14-20, 02:05 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,975 Times in 1,920 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
Well, the snark is likely because your comment on being in a bonked state first thing in the morning flies in the fact of how things generally work, that our bodies carry 2000 calories of glycogen if you're eating normally. Not to mention that depending on the intensity folks burn more fat than carbs, so when recreational/non-competitive cyclists overemphasize carbing up first thing in the morning it sets off my alarm because caloric needs are less for non-competitive folks.

Again, to go back to my rides today, my first ride was a normal training ride for me at my endurance intensity, I utilized over 1000 calories in 90mins. My 2nd ride was 9mph average, 250calories, over a 2hr period. That, to me, is more reflective of what more average cyclists actually expend. The way people discuss eating for rides you'd think they were preparing for a race or something. Reality is caloric/carb needs are vastly overblown by folks on forums like this.
hardest part of eating more fats less calories is finding food that is appetizing with lower calories than the ideal fat.