Old 08-15-20, 03:41 PM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
After numerous posts extolling the superiority of Chorus mechanical, you're now telling us that you're using SRAM AXS eTap?
The superiority of Campy 12 mechanical groups is in the cost. I paid $1060 each for Chorus 12 groups, last July. Even after a large price drop from $1650 to $1050 for a 4-piece Force build kit, that's the price for an entire 8 piece Chorus 12 group. I wanted to experiment with the SRAM AXS 10-36 cassette, so I first installed it on my Chorus 12 bike and it worked perfectly. Then I notice some large price reductions on the Force AXS shifters, RD and FD kit, so I decided to jump in, just for something to do.

Now I have two bikes with Sramanolo groups. Both use Campy Chorus 48/32 cranks and brakes, with Zonda wheels. The rest is SRAM Force AXS. One bike has the SRAM 10-36 cassette and the other still has the Campagnolo 11-34 cassette. Either cassette can be used with either brand of drivetrain. The only thing I haven't tried is a Campy 12 chain with SRAM AXS. I've been alternating between Campy and SRAM chains for over a year and the SRAM AXS is the quietest.

I've already sold off the leftover parts from one Chorus group for $450, so the cost to make the change was only $600.

It is taking me awhile to get used to the new shift levers, after 25 years on Campy. Only two buttons do the work of two Campy levers and and two thumb buttons. I was surprised that the Force brake hoods are actually smaller than Campy hoods and have a nearly identical reach. Great for my small hands.