Old 08-18-20, 08:48 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypno Toad
LOL! I've completed it twice and I still think it's wholly stupid! It is the most demanding ride I've ever done, totally type II fun (maybe type III). Totally worth the effort, it feels so good to complete.

I skipped this year because of COVID19 and protecting my support driver (AKA wife) from exposure. Those that rode this year had *the best* weather, I'm so so so jealous! Club-mate (Birchwood) was first place at just over 12 hours - averaging 20 mph over 240 miles of gravel roads?!?!

I'm already registered for next year (rolled over) and already making plans for my 2021 Day Across Minnesota.
I've done solo centuries semi-regularly for the last handful of years, but I always felt like I was close to Limp-Home mode by then end. This year I feel like I've been more fit; I finished a 200k last week and felt like I could have just kept going for hours longer. I'm hoping to talk con my wife in to driving the family and meeting me in Duluth while I ride up. The DaMN is probably about as stupid as I'll get. Probably.

The DaMN was just on Sat, wasn't it? I think that's when a couple of my Strava folks posted up. Yeah, that was a beautiful day - I rode up through Anoka/Elk River/Monticello and couldn't have asked for much better weather.

12 hours is goddamn nuts. Are there a lot of riders for Birchwood? I do see the kit out there regularly enough.