travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 183 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by jms123
Hi all

Hoping I can get some advice on sizing. I have the chance to buy a second hand Crosstrail Comp disc 2014 and the size is XL. Found some geometry and sizing charts and it suggests that at 6ft I am on the border between Large and X-Large. I am pretty much 6ft spot on with about a 34 cycling inseam.

I appreciate there are other factors such as arm length etc. and it is always best to have a test ride but was just trying to get an idea if an XL is going to be far too big or about right. I am not as young as I used to be but in general I prefer a more sporty geometry rather than a sit up and beg type setup so that may have some influence on it as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
XL is too large for a 6' tall with 34 inseam. You want to look at size large. XL and you will really be stretched out, have difficult time getting on and off the bike and in general maybe uncomfortable.

BUT, it's typically good to at least check it out and verify on your own. See if the person selling the bike will let you test just to see if you are the right size for it.