View Single Post
Old 08-19-20, 08:15 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
You live alone? Or did you mean you drink alone with nobody else and with your pal Jack Daniels?

Just kidding.

5 turns sounds like someone messing with you. My adjustments rarely go out of whack and when they do maybe a 1/8th of turn will fix it, and that's after maybe 5,000 plus miles. I've owned quite a few bikes too, and over the last 40 years none have ever gone so far out that a 1/8th of turn wouldn't correct it. Geez, even if I ignored the bad adjustment and kept riding I seriously doubt that over 10 years of riding I would need more than a 1/4th of turn to make it all good again, and for that to happen to you in a day?? Someone's got to be messing with you. You say you live alone, but do you commute to work? To you park the bike someplace unattended for a while, doesn't take long to turn a screw, 5 seconds and they're done.