View Single Post
Old 08-19-20, 09:45 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Liked 670 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by BEC111
Yes it does. In the field in which I worked before I retired it was the opposite of digital.

I suppose the usage may be a result of the emergence of “smart bike” features on the latest e-bikes. For example, the ability to program levels of assist and automate assist to support battery life control for distance, ride duration or heart beat range. As e-bikes become more like computers on two wheels these smart features will become ever more prevalent.

Bikes that lack these capabilities, therefore are analog. As I was writing this I realize that cycling computers are giving non-e-bike riders similar options that parallel e-bike’s, just manually performed. Not sure whether that makes traditional bikes more digital or since computer suggestions are manually performed more analog.

Darn English imprecision.
That's my former field (or one of them) as well. I don't see it as English imprecision just the "analog" (lol!) imprecision of people.