Old 08-21-20, 03:14 AM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked 517 Times in 223 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
I guess that in this day and age that I may try to get a solid-state "hard drive" with my new machine. At least it should speed up what the bloatware slows down(?).

Man that bloatware makes me mad, that it's universally installed even though I would pay them not to add it.
A solid state HD will make accessing and searching your files much quicker, but the processor could become a bottleneck at a certain point.

Most of us do most of our work in a (free) web browser these days, and so software you used to purchase copies of and own is now largely subscription-based.

There used to be versions of Windows that allowed greater control over the bloatware you speak of, and of general presets and defaults.

The operating system on a modern Mac is wonderfully clean and intuitive, but quite different from Windows. Most who make the switch never go back.

As most have said, you'll want to find the advanced settings of the scanning software to control output format and default program launch, sorry it gave you trouble!

Rad picture.