Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6302 Post(s)
Liked 4,897 Times in 3,372 Posts
fujidon

Yes, but don't think all MUP's are the same. Here ours is entirely for those out for fitness and leisure. It really isn't effective for those commuting to stores and work.

The first months of Covid did push me off of it entirely. But now that people are back to their old ways (even though Covid is still infecting at a high rate here) I've been riding the MUP more as there are some more crazy people on the road than prior to Covid. Mostly people looking at their phones instead of the road.

Since I'm pretty much on the retired side of any career or work, then there are certain times of the day I can ride and encounter very few joggers, walkers, runners or other cyclists. And it's nearly eleven miles end to end with a six mile stretch with no crossings or intersections that is on the end that few ever go to. Which gives a good section to go at it hard.

And most of the people that are problems are only seen one or two times, then there'll be a several weeks of people that have common sense and experience on the trail. But then other newbs will replace the previous eventually. Some learn and stay, others thankfully go away.

Hey... welcome to BF. Sometimes we get a little wrapped up in our personal viewpoint. But.... If you can take some heat now and then and don't take anything any of us say as a personal attack, then enjoy!