Old 08-23-20, 12:10 PM
Univega

Bikes: Univega Modo Volare (2001)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chephy
So today I finally decided to dispose of a junky remnant of a bike that I had kicking around for no real reason. Our building has an enclosed area designed as large item drop-off for trash: things like furniture etc. So I dragged my junker to the area, and noticed that someone else had disposed of their bike there as well. I could see though that the bike they dumped was actually pretty decent: it was covered in stickers, so you couldn't see a brand name but all the components were Deore LX which piqued my interest, so I investigated further. The chain was rusty but no links were seized up and the gears shifted well. The only thing wrong with it as far as I could see were the flat tires. I pumped them up and the rear one has since deflated, so I guess it has a slow leak, but the bike seems in a really great shape otherwise! I am not sure why someone would throw it out but hey, not my place to question it!! Planning to fix the leak this weekend and give that baby a spin!! Just wanted to share my excitement.
This is a post that really needs to have pictures attached.
Likes For Univega: