Old 08-24-20, 07:42 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Well, my TT bike ride this weekend was blind. The buttons on the Wahoo started peeling off. Then, of course it rains on me hard in a ride last week. I thought it was still fine, wrong. During the TT ride, nothing but the LEDs working and audible chirps for my radar. No power, no map, nada. I know my way, so made my own route by memory.

Quarq said 210w for about 2 hours. Averaged 23mph with about 50 feet per mile for 30 miles of the 40ish. Getting out of town and back into town there are slow ups and stops that kill the pace. 10miles of neutral wind but net loss of 100 feet netted over 25mph. Nice, fun. Pavement is smoother out that way than down east. So, faster.

Gave the Wahoo a rice bath when I got home. Road ride Sunday for an hour for 20mi and it's working again! Yah! It's in the rice bath again now just to be sure.

I'm going to do a full kit TT ride this week. Maybe at pace, maybe not. Either way, I want to feel that extra mph or so of the full 90/disc combo and skinsuit/helmet combo. Due west wind 3 days in a row means a couple segments I've had my eye on are possible. Even maybe able to steal some candy from the cat 1/2/3 riders who destroyed the local loop recently. Eat the elephant a bite at a time.