Old 08-24-20, 09:19 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,035 Times in 1,429 Posts
Originally Posted by Random11
I'm interested in the differences in ride quality between the Roubaix and Diverge, Matt, and since you have both, you're a good person to ask. I'm asking because I have a Diverge and have thought about adding a Roubaix. My Diverge is so comfortable that I can't imagine ever parting with it, but you can imagine parting with yours, so I'm interested in hearing why, and your comparisons of the two bikes.
I find the Roubaix every bit as comfortable as the Diverge. I like the FutureShock 2 better than the 1, and my Roubaix has electronic shifting and carbon wheels. I also have a power meter on the Roubaix, but not on the Diverge. The Roubaix is a pretty smooth ride on the road.

I was never really happy with the Praxis cranks on the Diverge. I threw the chain many times just riding on the road. The only thing I like better on the Diverge is the red on white paint scheme. I think I can fit 38mm tires on the Diverge, maybe larger. Bit since I don’t ride more than a few hundred yards a month off road, I always stuck to 32mm tires. If you run larger tires on the Diverge, that’s likely to make a big comfort difference.

And yes, when I purchased the Roubaix I had no intention of getting rid of the Diverge. Then I thought maybe I’d put it on the trainer. But Specialized warrants the 2020 models for trainer usage, but not the 2018 models, so I never used the Diverge on the trainer.

Last edited by MattTheHat; 08-24-20 at 09:28 PM.