Old 08-29-20, 03:22 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,412 Times in 912 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
First day off to mess with the pink wonder since I got it.

It still shifts! All the cables look rotten and rusted but it shifts. I've ordered the "jagwire" cable set off eBay in white. It'll be a pretty clean look.. Quotes because at that price I question it's authenticity but I've got the same stuff on my Spectrum and it works great.

For price and availability, I am going with black aero hood covers. The white looks good but cost 5/8ths what the entire bike cost me.

Brake pads are in the mail.

The gearing is too tall for a tiny lady but I didn't want to buy a new 165mm crankset so I won an auction on 50 and 38 sugino rings that'll fit. So if anyone wants some biopace rings, let me know.

Celeste tape, I saw that once on one of these and loved the look.

I've got some 25mm gatorskins I haven't been using I'll mount. There's a voice in the back of my head screaming 650b I'm trying to ignore. We'll see how much she likes it first.

Everything else is just re-greasing and cleaning.

I am at about $160 total, so still in a pretty good place if she doesn't fit and I decide to just move it along. It'll be close enough this evening to get her to stand over it and find out. I'm considering saving it for her October birthday since she doesn't know I have it yet, but I'd rather it get ridden before that.

The project will only move as fast as the post office, so I'll update in a week I expect. Unless something funny stumps me.
Celeste housing would look great on that. I just happened to have a new set of Jagwire housing in Celeste, which you can have for nothing, my treat. If, for some reason the bike doesn’t turn out or work out, I’d like a shot at it.