Old 09-02-20, 11:01 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by ltokuno
There's a bunch of multi use trails that are smooth asphalt in the area. The one I ride goes from Tempe to Scottsdale in one direction and close to downtown Phoenix in the other. I start at Tempe Town Lake and head west from the Center for the Arts. There's less people that direction, but the other direction goes through several parks.
I think they still close the road up South Mountain on Sunday mornings. One day I'll get brave enough to peddle up there. https://www.phoenix.gov/calendar/parks/3223
Going to Bisbee while you're here? Bisbee Bicycle Brothel
Dennis actually passed me a map of trails and such - plus suggested a couple rides local to where I'm staying, too. Hopefully the South Mountain road is closed Sunday mornings and I can get up to do that, too.

It was a long drive down from Seattle (didn't do myself any favors completing it in one 21-hour sitting), so my jaunts to riding locations will be relatively short. BBB is out of the question in that regard; there are some great photos of the place courtesy of northbend and others when they rode out that way last year, so I'll just enjoy it vicariously through those

DD