Old 09-03-20, 05:05 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I just had a look at the Gravelking SS tire at the Panaracer website. I'm thinking that it may be a wash vs the Resolute. They're about the same weight, and while the GK has a smooth center tread (which should make it faster), it also has a puncture prevention belt (which should make it slower and less supple). 'Course, if you have puncture issues, you may benefit...But (knock on wood), my Resolutes have only punctured a couple times and have always sealed up nicely (Orange Seal).
There are 2 versions of the GKss. One is the GKss and the other isnthe GKss Plus+.
Apparently they felt it necessary to both spell out and make the image for the plus part.
The Plus+ has the PT shield casing, but I am considering the regular model without the extra protection. Its a handfulnof grams heavier than the Resolute, but smoother tread like you said.

The Conti Terra Speed would be neat to consider, but its 40mm at widest apparently(not really a deal breaker) and I've read it runs narrow.