Old 09-09-20, 02:25 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by jorell
Can you share details or a Strava map of the route through Fullerton/Brea? I live in the area and generally head to one of the river trails for longer rides, but also need to squeeze in shorter ones nearby in the mornings before work. Thanks.
I don't have a Strava account so can't post a map. Bear in mind my wife & I both work so the routes we take may be crowded on weekday commute times. That said I assume you're familiar with the area ie. which roads are bike-friendly. If you're not sure I suggest driving them first to recon.
The hill up Gilbert/Idaho between Malvern & Imperial is nice you could do a repeat on it same with Euclid. I wouldn't ride the short stretch of Imperial on a crowded morning the 3rd lane is narrow.
We make our way to Brea Cyn Road where Brea Blvd/St. College intersects Central Ave. (La Habra Blvd.). Up Brea Cyn to Pathfinder. Left over the 57 fwy. up & around westward till it ends at Harbor. South on Harbor then a quick right on Fullerton Rd. Up the hill then right on East Rd. It will end at Hacienda Rd. Left a few hundred yards downhill then right on West Rd. Becomes Santa Gertrudes at Whittier Blvd.
Hope this helps!
West