Old 09-10-20, 03:24 PM
Ballenxj

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Senior Vagabond
I am a little uncertain about what to do. Being almost 70 years old I have ridden the same Specialized Roubaix bike over 13 years. It was custom-fitted to me along time ago and still rides well. My issue is that certain critical mechanicals and components are starting to wear out. My groupset set is Ultegra 6600 and finding replacement parts is quite difficult. I scour the internet and e-bay but that is even getting slim pickings. I did something stupid this week and now need a new triple shifter. So my dilemma is, do I give in and buy a new bike (Specialized Roubaix Comp or Di2) or keep trying to find antiquated parts and throwing money in my current bike which I am comfortable on? I only ride about 80-90 miles a week so I am having a difficult time with the justification for a great new bike and experience.
Personally, if you had a custom fitted frame, I would just upgrade components. Unless of course you want a new bike. Go to a knowledgeable bike shop and explain your dilemma. I'm sure they can steer you towards compatible components.