View Single Post
Old 09-11-20, 09:27 PM
Rooney 

Bikes: '72 Raleigh Super Course; '90 Cannondale ST1000; '98/99 Cannondale T700; 2002 Cannondale CAAD5 R700; 2022 Cannondale Topstone 2L

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 156 Posts
I finally ordered some Velo Orange hammered fenders, which arrived today. It took a couple of hours, but they're installed. My question is; there are great examples here — what's the trick to a consistent fender line? They're sold as 700c/27" compatible, but seem more aimed at 700c. Is that correct? Is it possible to get a clean, consistent fender line with 27" wheels, or will they always be a little bit wonky?

I used the daruma for the front fender vs. the L-bracket if that makes any difference. That's also the wonkier fender. The sun was setting as I finished up, preventing more photos. I'll upload some tomorrow for analysis. This is of the front fender while I still had light. The center portion of the fender is consistent, but it pulls away towards the ends. Is there anything I can do or is that about as good as it gets with 27" wheels? (I trimmed the stays to this position, slightly long, and flipped the R-claps after the picture was taken)

PS - New crank jawn. 175mm 26/36/48