Old 09-13-20, 10:09 PM
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 379 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986
Evacuations ordered near our Velo-Retro Route.

If you are familiar with our route, we ride northward on Second Street in Arcadia east of Santa Anita Blvd. We pass under the 210 near Huntington Blvd. then Foothill Blvd, then north to a left turn westward at E. sycamore, over the Santa Anita Wash and turn right northward on Highland Oaks for about 3/4 mile climb, left on Virginia, then right on Oakwood to Sierra Madre Blvd. There’s a quick stop for traffic at Santa Anita Ave. which runs up the mountain northward.

Evacuation orders have been issued for Sierra Madre and North Arcadia residents East of Santa Anita and North of Elkins which is just 3 streets north of Sierra Madre and Santa Anita, our most north-northeast part of the route. It’s a very nice, quiet set of residential streets nestled on the mountain slope. The Bobcat Fire has spread southwesterly and Fire officials are setting a defensive line at the upper Santa Anita Wash and northern Monrovia.

Please keep all these residents in mind as the fire threatens their neighborhood.
Yikes. Vintage bicycles are pretty low on the priority list right now. Prayers for the firefighters and best wishes for all.

FWIW: I spent the weekend riding in the Astoria, Oregon area. It started a little smoky/foggy, but the smoke has been blown inland. The sky was turning blue when I left.

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..