Old 09-15-20, 07:49 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4528 Post(s)
Liked 6,424 Times in 3,698 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
A slick corporate video isn't going to convince me that they're putting glitter over a crap decision.

They've gone through all the effort of making a bike limited to 250 units, and even dusted Reynolds 753 out of the closet to do it.

The least they could have done was not violate one of the principle rules of C&V in making a lugged steel frameset that's aspiring to be a fairly hardcore replica. Sheesh.

-Kurt
I'm not justifying it or drinking the kool-aid, just saying they tried to gloss over it, I wholeheartedly agree with you and like I said am glad my link didn't work since I may have momentarily lost my mind when they launched.

Same BS goes for the dropouts that are slab steak thick ugly to conform to "safety standards" since all before and since have maimed and killed so many.

There certainly is too much wrong here but at least they tried, more than you can say for many of the rest.

Guess I'm just sentimental, or just mental at least.
Likes For merziac: