ERabbit
Boardwalk Loving

Bikes: Felt Brogham, Vitus Dura Ace Build, Vintage Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LSUFANDAN
I have the 2021 Specialized Diverge Comp Carbon with 2x drivetrain. I’m 6’1” and weigh 175 pounds. I went with the size 58. I think it fits great but I’m not a pro with bike fits. I purchased it because I thought having the option for larger tires was a good idea. Ive had it since April and use it mostly on the road. I took the larger stock 38mm tires off and put on 32mm GP5000 road slicks. I posted one of my rides from my Apple Watch to show its pretty good as a road bike. I’m sure my fitness holds me back more than the bike. That being said. I really think you should think about what you really want before you go with a gravel bike. I thought the versatility was good but now I am obsessed with going fast. I’m now wondering how much faster I might be going if I went with a race or endurance road bike. Probably not much faster but how do I know until I try one out lol. I know adding the road slicks helped me go faster. If you are the type of person that will use the gravel bike as a multipurpose bike like it is was designed I’d say go for it. If you are mostly going to just ride on the road like I’ve been doing you may have some buyers remorse like I’m having.

We are basically the same size and I think I ordered exactly the same bike & color as you. I was planning to switch out the tires to these

https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop...8-barlow-pass/

Idea is to use it on road for the majority of riding.