View Single Post
Old 09-17-20, 09:34 AM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked 601 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by pcb
Your problem is with USPS, not PBK or DHL. And you can have similar problems with USPS shipments from vendors in the USofA. Some of my Priority packages, incoming/outgoing, sit for days waiting to just get received, or handed off at a transfer. Sometimes they kinda disappear for a while en route, "in transit to the next facility." I've had incoming packages at the big post office 10mi away take 2 days to get to the medium-sized po 5mi away, then sit another day or two before it gets to my local po for delivery to moi.

Most of my Priority stuff is still pretty much on time, but delays are now common.

The DHL int'l/handoff issues likely compound the problem, and the usps side of the DHL int'l shipment likely isn't Priority, which no doubt makes it worse. But between the pandemic and political interference, usps is in a bind right now.

If you're shipping usps, it oughta go Priority/Express, and even with that you can no longer assume on-time delivery.
I understand the issue is not PBK. Yet, I will not order from a foreign country anymore. It’s too problematic for my schedule of fixing bikes. I will order elsewhere.
The worst part is when PBK says 3-5 business days and it is now double that and counting. Shipping is such a racket. That package had been sitting in a home state facility 4 hours south. It was then handed off to 3rd party last week. Maybe I should have popped for 2nd Day Air.