View Single Post
Old 02-13-06, 02:00 PM
GerGa00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LowCel
Because he was trying to be helpful and give you a possible cure to your problem. There aren't a whole lot of options. The best thing to do is go just sell the fork and get one that has a long enough steerer. You could also call the manufacturer and see how much they would charge to press a new steerer for you. I had one pressed by White Brothers a few years ago, I think they only charged around $70 or $80. It wasn't too unreasonable.

Just keep in mind, by shortening everything it is going to put you in a lower riding position. Are you willing to sacrifice your current riding position in order to save a few bucks?
Well Im going from an 80mm travel fork to 100 so Ill actually be higher but in another forum someone suggested an avid saago stem which they said will except 25mm of steer tube which I would get a stem with little or zero rise because I kinda sit higher than I like right now. But hopefully the stem is at least a half inch bigger than 6inches cause the guy didnt even measure it even when I asked.