Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 09-20-20, 10:11 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10499 Post(s)
Liked 12,028 Times in 6,158 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Destination ride today - I'm not a fan. Driving to a ride always gives me anxiety about forgetting something stupid (like my shoes or water bottles or whatever), even if I double-check my triple-check.
Once I started riding after work, it got to be routine.
  • I have a basket that holds helmet, shoes, gloves, sunglasses, clif bar, tube and levers, and, these days, a mask. Also, a jacket and a vest, and skullcap.
  • I have a totebag that holds socks, bibs, jerseys (short and long sleeves) and a pair of sandals to wear to the start of the ride.
Yeah, there were a few times at first when something was missing and the narrow time window meant no ride. But do anything a couple hundred times......
The biggest problem was switching from the high roofline of a Subaru Outback to the much lower roofline of the Challenger. Took me year to realize I should sit on the sill, not on the passenger seat, to put stuff on. Any of my bikes fits neatly into the trunk/back seat area.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles